What's New in Readerware 3.0?
Readerware 3.0 is a major upgrade for Readerware and Bookography users, here are the highlights:
- Revamped user interface, all new icons and layout
- Font selection, choose a different font for each view
- New sound effects, choose your sound effects, turn them on and off
- Configurable toolbars
- Tip of the day displayed at startup to help you get up to speed with Readerware 3.0
- New view options to help you configure your display just the way you want
- New item summary page, configurable, detailed item listing with images
- New field editors make it easier to edit values like dates, lists, numbers etc.
- New list editor makes it easier to maintain the list fields like category, rating etc.
- Easier image manipulation, copy/paste images, export etc.
- New automatic update check that you can schedule
- New database engine
- Choose your database, use the built in database or bring your own, MySQL, Access etc.
- New File->Open Recent menu item makes it easy to switch between multiple databases
- Database access options, define your default mode and require a password for updates.
- Expanded database, lots of new fields
- Database limits like only 30 tracks per disc removed
- Support for multiple images and sizes
- Support for media links, music, eBooks etc.
- More list fields like author, artist, actor, all with type ahead
- New Database Properties dialog
- New database statistics
- Configurable search bar, list just the searches you need, in the order you want them
- Hotkeys, assign a hotkey for frequently used functions
- New auto-catalog options, pick the fields you want to extract and assign default values
- Record biographical information for all contributors, author, artist, actor etc.
- New sorting system so make it easy to sort contributors correctly
- New borrower system, record all borrower information not just name
- Backup & Restore improvements, backup now includes preferences, automatic open in restore etc.
- New print options, easier printer selection, print selected rows etc.
- Print barcodes
- Bulk editing improvements
- New want list
- New Readerware support for multiple volume sets and magazines
- New Readerware support for citations
- New ReaderwareAW track editor, copy/paste tracks, insert tracks, insert breaks etc.
- New ReaderwareAW support for jukebox CD players
- Automatic run time calculation
- ReaderwareVW includes improved episode and box set support.
- New platform specific installers
- Easier registration process
- New easier setup and configuration of Readerware Client/Server Edition
- Readerware 3 Mobile Edition adds new mobile support, take your database with you on your Android phone or tablet, your iPhone or iPad.
Want to lean more about Readerware 3.0? Download a free trial today or checkout our product pages: