Select the File->Properties menu item to display the Database Properties dialog.
The general tab displays basic information on the current database:
- Name - The name of the database main file.For Readerware Server databases this
will include the name of the server and the remote file name.
- Type - The type of database:
- Readerware Local - The is the normal type, it indicates you have opened a database on one of your drives.
- Readerware Server - This indicates you are connected to a Readerware server.
- External (JDBC) - This indicates you are connected to an
external database via JDBC. This could be
a MySQl database, Microsoft SQL server etc.
- Location - The location, the path of your database. For Readerware Server databases this
will include the name of the server and the path of the remote database.
- Date created - The date the database was created.
- Access mode - The current database access mode, Read only, Checkout mode or Full access:
- Read only - You can search and browse the database but you cannot make any updates.
- Checkout mode - You can search and browse the database, you can check items in and out but you cannot make
any other changes to the database.
- Full access - You have full access to the database.
- Driver name - The driver used to access the database. For a Readerware local or server database this will be the
HSQL Database Engine Driver, for external databases it will be the driver you chose when configuring the database.
- Driver version - The driver version.
The statistics tab displays information about our database and the resources used:
- Row count - The number of items in your database.
- Size (in bytes) - The space your database occupies on disk.
- Memory used - The amount of memory currently in use by your database.
- Memory allocated - The amount of memory currently allocated by the database engine.
Memory is allocated as needed.
- Memory free - The amount of memory currently allocated but not in use.
Top of Page
Copyright © 1999-2017 Readerware Corporation