Readerware Knowledge Base
< Back to Knowledge Base Home
- How can I catalog books in a remote location without Internet access?
There are a couple of ways to do this, you can use Readerware or Readerware Mobile.
Readerware Mobile has a built in barcode capture feature, ...
- Why can't Readerware Connect to the internet?
When you run auto-catalog, auto-update or drag and drop a URL to catalog an item, Readerware first makes sure it can connect to the internet. If a connection is unavailable Readerware will display an error. You have the op...
- How can I track items not found during auto-catalog?
There are a number of ways you can handle items that were not found during auto-catalog.
One option is to add not found items to the database. Select the Preferences menu item, then ...
- How can I enter location during auto-catalog?
You are using auto-catalog and you want to specify some additional information on your items as you catalog them. Location seems to be the main one.
There are a couple of easy ways to do this in Readerware. ...
- Will Readerware get the Dewey Decimal Number?
Readerware extracts the Dewey Decimal Number when cataloging from The Library of Congress, The British Library, Library and Archives Canada and The National Library...
- How can I get The Library of Congress Call Number?
Readerware extracts the The Library of Congress Call Number when cataloging from The Library of Congress. Other sites do not provide this information.
When using ...
- Can I catalog eBooks with Readerware?
If you have been buying eBooks for your Amazon Kindle or Barnes & Noble nook, you can catalog these in Readerware.
If you have the ISBN, you can ...
- Can Readerware get the Lexile measure for a book?
Barnes & Noble is the first bookseller to offer Lexile measures in their listings. Now when you catalog from B&N, Readerware can get the Lexile measure for you.
- How can I enter condition during auto-catalog?
You are using auto-catalog and you want to specify the condition of your books as you catalog them.
If you can catalog books by condition, i.e. catalog all books in Excellent condition in a separate auto-catalog...
- Can Readerware get the list price of a book?
Note: This article was written for Readerware 2 and is not applicable to Readerware 3. Readerware 3 will get the list price automatically.
By default Readerware gets the cur...
- How can I scan and catalog books using my smart phone?
Readerware Mobile lets you use the camera on your smart phone or tablet as a barcode scanner and capture ISBNs and UPCs. You can also enter the ISBN if a book does not have a barcode.
You now have a list of ISBNs on your mobile device, how...
- How can I add an image to an item?
Start by displaying the book in the detail view, Images tab. Now click on one of the image placeholders, a popup menu appears listing your options.
- Readerware is unable to auto-catalog from secure sites
Some sites like Amazon and The Library of Congress now require secure connections when accessing their sites. Normally this is not an issue as Readerware is able to connect to secure or HTTPS sites. However some users have experienced problems est...